About this Privacy and Cookies Policy
We may use personal information you provide for the purpose of providing more relevant content to you.
This policy explains how we use and process your personal information (meaning any information about you which is personally identifiable or can be related back to you like your name, date of birth, credit or debit card numbers, address, telephone number, email address, preferences, service selections and queries are generally referred to throughout this policy as "your information").
Cookies - what are they?
A "cookie" is a small text file that's stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website. Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternatively, you can search the internet for other independant information on cookies.
Cookies - how we use them
- give you a better online experience and track website performance
- manage our marketing relationships
- help us to make our website more relevant to you
- remember choices you have made and personalise your use of the Website. This includes cookies that store your password(s) and keep you logged into this Website so that you don't have to enter passwords more than once per visit; and remember and recognise you on subsequent visits to this Website
- identify how you use this Website, including tracking how you use the Website, such as information on where you came from, what content you viewed on the Website, and the duration of your visit
- deliver content and advertising more relevant to you and your interests. This allows us to serve you more relevant content and advertising when you use our products and services and not to serve you content or offers you may already have opted-out of.
With your consent, we may use your information for certain marketing activities. It is up to you whether we use your information in this way. Our consent notices provided to you when you subscribe for any of our services will generally ask for your permission to send you marketing communications. Such consents relate to communications with you from time to time by email with information, offers and other material from Modernised Ltd or any of its affiliates which may interest you. We may also use your information to conduct market research, for example to ask you to participate in a survey about topical issues, conducted by us or trusted partners or third parties. We will always try to tell you before you participate in the survey how any information you provide in the survey will be used.
Additionally we reserve the right to access and disclose your information in order to comply with applicable laws, to comply with lawful requests from governments, law enforcement agencies or parties whose request we reasonably consider to be justified in connection with any allegations by any party about your abuse of our services, to operate our systems properly or to protect ourselves or our users.
Unsubscribing/Amending your information
You can update and correct your information held by us either by:
- sending an email to email@example.com, specifying your name and the email address you used to register with us;
- contacting us via our contact form via the Website specifying your name and the email address you used to register with us;
- logging into the Website and vising the My Account section to edit/update your information.
You can remove your information from our marketing database entirely by emailing us using the contact details above, specifying your name and the email address you used to register with us, or by simply unticking the option in the My Account section of the Website once logged in.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. Other websites may also reference or link to the Modernised Ltd Website. Modernised Ltd is not responsible for their privacy practices or the content of such other sites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Securing your personal and non-personal information is very important to us. All customer databases are held in a secure environment and (except for law enforcement authorities in limited circumstances), only Modernised Ltd Web Administrators or other persons who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are allowed such access. Where you are using our website, we attempt to provide for the secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers by utilising encryption software.
Your Acceptance of this Policy
In providing personal information to us or using our website you signify your acceptance to our Privacy and Cookies Policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use this Website or provide your data to us. Since the privacy standards set forth herein are subject to updates and other changes from time to time, please note that this Privacy and Cookies Policy is subject to change at any time. In the event of any such changes, we will notify all of our members and other customers of such changes in the manner to the extent required by law. Your continued use of our site and services following the posting of changes to these terms means you accept these changes.